Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 12

These past few months have been insane. I'm not saying a bad insane, or necessarily a good insane, but just crazy all around. I have less then nine months left in Burlingame, and while I stay here I've decided I have to make a few changes.

One, I've decided to get rid of all the poison influences in my life. Most of these are my fault. For example my procrastination habit. I'm done with it, I'm trying my best to break the habit, because in the long run it's better for me. I've stopped waiting for certain things to change, that I know won't, because if I've done my best to change them and there still the same, then it's time to move on. Maybe some of the changes won't make me happy all the time, but in the long run they are what's best for me, and the people I love.

Two, I've decided that there is no time left to be unhappy. Happiness is a choice, and I want to choose to be happy while I'm here. I refuse to argue with anyone, I'm attempting to spend as much time with my friends as possible, I am doing my best not to get sad, angry, or stressed out, but most importantly do things that reflect me. This is something little I do everyday, this week my project is to learn how to play "Fight for Your Right" by the Beastie Boys on Piano. Last I was as I was looking up Hamlet songs online, I got inspired to write an Oedipus rap myself. These are just little things that make me happy, no one else. No one else would find any of this entertaining, but life is too short to be unhappy. And my time left is precious, so why waste it?

No comments:

Post a Comment