Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 2

This blog thing? Not really working for me Mr. Burke, I never know what to say. I guess that's the point though? That I'm supposed to create my own guidelines for this blog, and change as a thinker, writer, reader, and so on and so forth. I'm assuming this blog is supposed to show how I've morphed from a highschool student into a college bound young adult. But who knows I could be completely wrong.
I never really understood diary and journal writing as a kid. One time, my second grade teacher assigned us journals to write over the summer, and in return we would get a rootbeer float at the begining of the next school year. So throughout the summer my mom fought and pressured me into writing a journal everyday. I have a clear memory of me hiding from her as she was coming to remind me about my "daily journal entry". I didn't like to write them, I disliked the feeling of reflecting on my day and having it read back on in such a boring tone. If something is funny in the moment, how can I relate that on paper, in a journal entry? To me it just ruined the memory. But none the less, I wrote in that journal everyday, through the kicking and screaming and coaxing from my mother, I wrote in that journal. Best part is? When I got back to school in the fall, I missed the rootbeer float day.

1 comment:

  1. To say you have nothing to write is to suggest you have no ideas, have no comments to make on what we discuss, are not curious, are not intellectual engaged, Miss Goodman. That's not my impression of you nor is it the character of someone who chose to take a demanding class designed to make you think. The blog is not a diary or a journal. If nothing else, it's something for you to work on, Miss Goodman.

    ReplyDelete